There’s no doubt that Air Pollution is seemingly rising . Fresh air has become both necessity and a rarity in our metropolitan cities. In this blog post, we are going to take you through some of the best air purifiers for your home.
Why is an Air Purifier Important?
So, what comes to your mind when you picture air pollution? Industries, growing traffic, population, firecrackers, crop burning, and several other factors are responsible for air pollution.
The outdoors is very polluted. But, what about indoors? Are you certain that it is clean? The fact is our indoors are equally affected by pollution.
Indoor pollution is something very fewer people know about. You may have a house that you sweep and mop every day. However, that does not mean that the air is clean too. In such ways, indoor pollution is far more threatening to our lives than outdoor pollution.
There are many air purifiers you can find in the market. Two of the top leading brands in this niche are Phillips and Dyson. Below is a list of best air purifiers for your home. Let’s go through it to know more.
Best Air Purifiers For Your Home Reviews:
1. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair Smokers in BedroomCheck Price on Amazon
Levoit Core 300 uses 3-stage filtration: pre-filter, true HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. Pre-filter captures large airborne particles like hair and pet fur, which also prolongs the life span of the main HEPA filter. The pre-filter is washable, and you need to vacuum it every 2 – 4 weeks. The primary filter is a true HEPA filter that traps 99.97% of household dust, dust mites, pollen, mold spores smoke particles of 0.3 microns in diameter. A granular activated carbon filter is placed at the 3rd step filtration, which will help you to absorb cooking smells, cigarette odor, and some VOCs. Although this is not a heavy-duty odor absorber as the filter is not deeper. So, don’t select it if your primary concern is to remove odor from your room. The filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months, which looks great. It comes with four types of filters you can choose from. The air purifier has no UV-C or ionizer; hence it’s completely ozone-free.
- Genuine Replacement Filters: Search for core300-rf or core 300 replacement filter for Replacement Filters. Use genuine Levoit replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you’re buying is worthy of your investment
- Higher Purify Performance: Use the Core 300 to fill your environment with crisp, clean air. Its Vortexair Technology creates a stronger air flow, CADR number is 230+m3/h, allowing it to cover up to 219 sq. ft. AC 120V/60HZ for USA and Canada
- Improved Filtration: With larger expansion area and longer length than others, the H13 Ture HEPA filter works with ultra-fine Pre-filter and activated carbon filter, trapping 99. 97% of fine particles and allergens as small as 0. 3 microns and large pollutants such as dust, pet dander, smoke, mold, pollen
- Odor eliminator features warm night light with 2 brightness levels
- Vista 200 eliminates the pollutants quietly
- 3-stage filtration for enhanced performance
- Low realibility
2. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco ModeCheck Price on Amazon
The Coway AP-1512HH Mighty is a beast of an air purifier. It’s not the cheapest on the market, and it’s overkill for small rooms, but if you need something with power, and reach, you’re barking up the right tree.
The Coway Mighty is our soon to be crowned Best Air Purifier of the year for 2020. After reading this review, you can probably see why. Its great features, like auto mode, ionizer, and large coverage for the price make it a wise choice for most people.
- Awesome technology
- Innovative design
- Amazing performance
- The top light can’t be turned off
3. Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Air Purifier, Extra-Large Room, BlackCheck Price on Amazon
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – The Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps to make the air you breathe cleaner. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), it helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.*
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS & CERTAIN GERMS – This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels + Turbo Clean. It helps capture particles like pet dander, pollen, dust and smoke*. It reduces up to 99.9% of certain airborne viruses, bacteria and mold spores ***.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is cleaner with fewer allergens.
- #1 BRAND RECOMMENDED BY ALLERGISTS** – Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier, The Doctor’s Choice, is the #1 brand recommended by allergists. Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiers are a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles.
- Appropriate for big spaces
- 3 cleaning levels and a turbo clean setting for enhanced performance
- Helps to reduce VOCs odors from cooking, smoke and pets
- Gives off a chemical smell
4. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor ReducingCheck Price on Amazon
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Washable AOC carbon filter removes odors efficiently
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97 of airborne pollutants
- Auto-mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed
- Emits ozone
5. Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier, UV Light Sanitizer, Eliminates Germs, Filters Allergies, Pets, Pollen, Smoke, Dust, Mold, OdorsCheck Price on Amazon
- 5-in-1 air purifier for home – Electrostatic HEPA media air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- Pet pure filter – An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the filter’s surface
- Kills germs – UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- Traps allergens – Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- Reduces odors – Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- Activated charcoal filter helps reduce odors and fumes
- 3-speed settings and an optional UV-C light for convenience
- Quiet operation with a gentle noise at night
- Low reliability
Air Purifier Buying GuideBefore you buy an air purifier, you need to understand what features you should focus on.
1. Area to coverBefore you buy, find out the size of the room you will need the air purifier to cover. The air purifier’s ability to cover should either be equal to or greater than the size of the room.
2. Price of the Air PurifierYour budget is important. Along with calculating the price of the air purifier, don’t forget to include the cost of the regular change of filters.
3. Air Change Rate Per HourGo through the ACH (Air Change Per Hour) rate of the purifier. Note that, the air purifier should be able to purify the overall air quality of the entire room 6 times per hour.
4. Energy-efficiencyIn the times when the environment needs to be saved, it is wiser to opt for options that are energy efficient.
5. Noisy or silent?Higher fan speed results in more noise. It all depends on you. Which one would you prefer?
6. Clean Air Delivery RateThe speed of delivery of fresh air ensures the regular circulation of air throughout every corner of the room. Hence, speed is an important aspect when choosing an air purifier.
The best air purifiers for home are important these days. Clean air is rare and air purifiers have turned out to be a part of our necessities. Our indoors are not clean even if we clean the floor and the furniture. The air is always going to need extra help if you want to maintain a healthy life. With an air purifier, you can achieve the best hygiene for you and your family. So, please get yourself an air purifier. Our list has simplified your job in searching for one and all you need to do is click and buy.